Pinot Noir

Planted in 2003 almost as a bet …. now 18 years later we can say  the bet was successfully won . Very low productions per hectare, well cared  fermentations, many manual processes, short aging in wood to increase tannins, no use of pumps for obtaining a fine, elegant, velvety wine  , 100% pinot noir grapes ….. a  pleasant surprise that made Mugello an excellent production area for this wine, no doubt considered  the prince of wines by critics.

Description

Classification: Toscana – Indicazione Geografica Tipica


Grape Varietal:  100% Pinot Nero


Alcohol content:  13% vol


Altitudine:350 mt. S.l.m.


Altitude of vineyards: 350 mt. above sea level


Soil composition: Rich day soil, which guarantees an optimal water retention


Visual aspect: Red ruby in color


Aroma:  At first impact the bouquet is shy and does not present itself  in all its wonders until after a few minutes when it is full and complex with pleasant fragrances of raspberries and cherries and a counter taste of delicate spices.


Tasting notes: The palate corresponds to the aroma, which is very well balanced in each component, shows good acidity with delicate tannins and which is long lasting and has a satin finish.


Vinification: Great care is given to this phase of wine making, which is most delicate. The grapes are hand harvested and 75% are destemmed and pressed softly. For the remaining 25% the grapes are kept in their entire and fermented in open tanks. Numerous submersions take place which we have noted make for a better quality wine. The wine then matures in small French oak barrels for 12 months. For an even better preservation of the delicate characteristics of this wine, we manually fill the bottles without any pumps and without filtration.

Ideai match:
This is an extremely elegant wine which can be coupled with any dish but in particular goes great with white and red meats, even fish with a tornato base.
Serving Temperature:
Open the bottle at least 15 minutes prior to drinking.
Serve at 16°/18° C.


Review:
1. Espresso Wine Guide 2011: vintage 2008 16 points out 20 (the higher Tuscany wines score)

Join our
Newsletter

Join our newsletter and keep in touch with us.

MENU
DEMO